Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dad 53: Baseball, Buddies, Bellies, Birthdays

(As Dad starts his second year as my weekly guest blogger, I am giving him a "new look" for his post titles.  Today's post -- written this morning -- covers a lot.  Enjoy!  -- Tracy) 

Derf Here!  From the "Doggy Day Care of the Northeast."  Cocoa is trying to eat my cookies.  Or pen -- I'm not sure.  The cookies are "Fat Free."  OK, so now he is laying on the couch with head on my leg.  What a dog!

It has been an action-packed week here at 198 Pine Point Road.  We have seen Josh's team win the Buxton division of Little League District 6 playoffs.  What a team!  A win tomorrow evening will put them in the "States."  Good luck to Josh and his buddies.  Check out "Mainely Tracy" for the past few days to see how they got to this game.  Josh pitched four innings last game and gave up two runs in the 10-6 win.

Kelsey's friend Ali left via plane back home to Eureka, Illinois this morning.  Upon her arrival at the Jetport her flight had been cancelled.  However, this worked out well.  She leaves a couple hours later with a direct flight to Chicago.  No layover in Pittsburgh as Ali flies for the first time.  In fact we are here at home listening on the scanner for her flight to leave in about 30 minutes.  Bon Voyage, Ali.  We've enjoyed your presence with us over the past couple weeks.  (You are welcome ANY time!)  When out in Illinois this fall, we hope to see you again.  Hope you have fond memories of your visit to the great state of Maine.  Hope you have a good flight!  Have a great senior year in school.  I'm still not too excited about Kelsey and you being cheerleaders.  To each his own!

Cocoa has now settled on the floor resting.  Kelsey is giving him a well-deserved petting.

Yesterday, I bought a new battery for the Bantam and put the car on the front lawn.  It was the first time on display in two years.  A man stopped by and I had a good conversation with him.  He is a retired military man and just happened to be born in our house.  Not born elsewhere while living in the house, but actually born in the house.  We had a nice informative chat and he told me he'll return sometime with pictures of the area prior to our moving here.  Also learned a big old farm house was next door prior to the golf course.  Now, all of this land is a sanctuary.  What used to be a clear look at the train passing by and overlooking some clam flats has been grown up by trees and bushes which no longer allows us such a view.  Perhaps just as well!  When we moved here in 1974 we could view the tracks, etc.  Stuff grows in that length of time.  Good or bad?  Don't know.  Can't complain living so close to the Atlantic.

I'd be remiss if I didn't give a "shout" to "Its just me, M.L.E." for her renewed blogging.  You can follow her posts using the link on "Mainely Tracy."  My advice to Emily is to keep up the good work, even if only weekly.  We must keep posted on your bulging while carrying the next member of our extended family.  We enjoy your sense of humor that seems to be an underlying theme.  At least I get a chuckle out of it.  The picture of you and Glen on the 4th at "Camp Reed" is priceless.

In closing I must say Spouse is now one (that's "One") year older than I am.  Her birthday was yesterday.  No celebrations necessary!  In all honesty, I'll catch up to her one week from today.  Next blog I'll be one year older.  Can you believe it?  I CAN!

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

(Postscript:  Tracy here.  After Dad referred to a certain photo, I HAD to add it below!)

No comments: