Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Hot Summer Tale: The Sequel

I wrote yesterday's post early mid-afternoon while basking in the return of our power -- and thus our A/C.

But about every 20 minutes after that -- for the next several hours -- the power "blipped" off and then right back on.  I gave up resetting the clocks on the stove and microwave after the 4th time it happened.

Working on the computer was a bit frustrating.  My solution to that:  Don't work on the computer.  I spent the rest of the afternoon reading -- which was fine with me, as I love to read.

Around 6:30, the power "blipped" off -- but not back on.  After several minutes, Dad decided to drag the generator out of the garage.  We were all outside on the porch watching him get it started up.  That's when I decided to come back inside the house to retrieve something.... And the lights were on!  I thought at first it was from the generator, but when I went back outside I realized the generator wasn't hooked up to anything yet.  So, using my excellent powers of deduction, I figured out that the power had been restored!  I announced it to the group, and everyone went back inside.  Fans were going, the A/C units were running, and the Red Sox game was about to start.

It appears that Dad's starting of the generator was just what we needed to get our power back for good.

No comments: