Thursday, June 1, 2017

The Search

When I get home from work, my kitties hear me and come to greet me. Sometimes the kitties are visiting my parents, and they will still come running to see me. (The kitties come running, not my parents.)

Tonight I was told that Jerry was over on my parents' side of the house. But he didn't emerge at the sound of my voice.  I looked for him under beds, in closets, in the bathtub, etc., but I couldn't find him anywhere. I called for him on both sides of the house.

Lew soon joined in the search. We were hoping that Jerry hadn't gone outside somehow. (Jerry and Marilyn are strictly indoor kitties.)

I was walking around shaking the goodies container. Marilyn was following me around, but still no Jerry....

Lew was standing in my parents' living room, looking contemplative, when my father noticed a little gray head staring at Lew.... Jerry!

Jerry's hiding place was apparently under the center section of my parents' new couch. He must have been dozing when I got home.

It should be hard to misplace a 20+-pound cat, but somehow we manage to do it every now and then!

No comments: