Saturday, June 17, 2017

Lew's Logbook: Father's Day BooBoo

(Lew writes today about the great day he plans to have tomorrow. Enjoy his post... if you can! ~ Tracy)

Tomorrow is Father’s Day. It is traditionally a time for family get-togethers and cook-outs. Burgers, salad, chips and maybe a chocolate cake would be on the menu. But this year I have a bit of a problem of my own making....

About two months ago I received a call from my doctor's office to schedule a colonoscopy. The scheduler said that their first opening was Monday, June 19 at 8:00. I thought that a first-thing-in-the-morning procedure sounded good, so I said, “Fine.”

It wasn’t until about three weeks ago when my son suggested a Father’s Day breakfast that I realized Father’s Day would be the day that I would need to do the prep for the colonoscopy. No eating, just purging. To reschedule would take me out at least another month, so....

No cake... just quiet moments of reflection in the water closet.

No comments: