Saturday, October 1, 2016

Lew's Logbook: Apple Pie

(The book Lew refers to is by Marjorie Standish. Enjoy his post! ~ Tracy)

I made an apple pie today.

My mom’s apple pie was one of my most favorite things to eat on earth. I happened upon a recipe years ago that comes as close to her pie as anything that I’ve ever tried. It is from a cookbook titled “Cooking Down East” and is called “Best Apple Pie”.

Of course these days I can’t taste it. But I still derive some satisfaction from eating things, so I thought I would cook one up. This is the season after all.

I’ve always thought that fresh macs make the best pie. I confess, however, that I use ready made crust.

Fred, Mary Lou, and Tracy seemed to enjoy my effort.

You will note in the picture that I also managed to find my old L.L. Bean apple peeler. It does make the process a lot easier.


No comments: