Monday, October 24, 2016

A Blue Monday

Stayed home from work today:

Didn't sleep well due to my restless leg. I had been trying Lew's apple cider vinegar cure-all, but it doesn't work for my leg as well as 1/2 cup of tonic water before bedtime. So back to the tonic water it is.

Also fighting the start of a cold. I drank two cups of Gypsy Cold Care Tea this morning, and most of the symptoms have gone away. More fluids and an early bedtime tonight may give me victory.

Feeling lousy physically often makes me feel "blah" mentally and emotionally. So after feeling sorry for myself this morning, I've picked up my game a bit for the afternoon. So hopefully my "Blue Monday" will not stretch into Tuesday....

I don't think it will, because I'm wearing my red pants tomorrow. Plus, there's this — especially this:
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
   [Lamentations 3:22-23, NIV84]
Smile!

No comments: