Friday, December 6, 2013

The Hills Are Alive

Last night NBC aired a live performance of The Sound of Music starring Carrie Underwood.  I knew there would be commercials, so I recorded it on my DVR.

This morning I did all of my errands that required me to be away from home.  When I got home I ate my lunch and did a few things around the house.  (This included cleaning Pepper's pooperia.  I am on pooperia duty while Dad is in Illinois.)

Around 2:30 I settled in on my couch and fired up the DVR to watch last night's performance.  I may have had a cookie (or two) while watching.

I really enjoyed the show.  The story itself is wonderful, as is the music.  I thought the performers did a nice job, especially when considering that it was aired live!  And just think about all of the details that had to be worked out to pull this off: staging, costume changes, sound enhancement, camera work, etc.  Pretty impressive.

I think that network television should consider doing more live musicals.  Are they going to be perfect?  No!  But that's part of the charm of live performances.  There can be an authentic connection with the audience.

"Kudos" to all that made last night's The Sound of Music a pleasure to watch!

No comments: