Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Dad 180: Fuel for Thought

(I could get used to these short Derf posts. Enjoy! ~ Tracy)

Derf Here! From the snowbound Northeast. Just finished plowing the second major snowstorm (about 2 feet total) in the last three days. I'm sick of winter and it hasn't even officially started yet. I believe we are going to break the freezing barrier in the next couple days. The break will get our temperatures above freezing for the first time in about 10 days. PLEASE SPRING, COME SOON!

Forgot to mention in last week's post the gas prices I encountered on my Illinois trip. I saw one price for $2.98 per gallon. I paid as high as $3.69 on the New York thruway. In Indiana I filled my tank for $3.09. In Eureka I paid $3.15. My advice to you: Don't buy fuel in New York!

Must mention that grandson Josh is now enrolled in a driver education course. He is now on the road for several days a week. I'm sure he will follow in the family tradition of becoming a superior driver. It seems to filter down throughout the family.... I just hurt my arm patting myself on the back.

As a result of my arm injury, I will be forced to cut this post short. Sooo....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: