Thursday, December 26, 2013

Dad 181: Post-Christmas Productivity

(I helped finish off the chocolate cake. Enjoy Dad's post! ~ Tracy)

Derf Here! From the great Northeast on the day after Christmas while I watch the snow falling. Will it be enough to plow? Only time will tell. Well, actually, the experts say up to 3 inches. Plowable? Maybe or not.

Well, I hope you all had a Merry Christmas. Spouse and I spent some time with Glen and Deb at their place. We were joined by Lew and Tracy, Glen's sister, and Glen's parents. Last, but not least, Josh and Zack were there. This makes sense because they live there. A great day was enjoyed by all.

Today, Josh is supposed to drive for an hour with his mother in the backseat. This is a necessary event for his driver education class. Hope they don't slide too much in the snow. Josh may have his permit next week.

I had a busy morning. Why I scheduled my eye appointment the day after Christmas didn't seem to make sense this morning. I showed up on time and did my field test. Seems to be staying the same and not deteriorating. A good sign indeed. Then up the stairs for a vision test and eye pressure test. All went well. One last trip to another level for an eye scan. I'm not sure what the scan does. I was told it was needed as I had not had one in a while. After about two hours, I found out my glaucoma seems to stay about the same. Not bad after 20 some years.

Then to a couple other errands. Arrived home with lunch from KFC in hand. A very productive morning came to an end. The chicken pot pie was good as was the dark grilled chicken. The chocolate cake wasn't bad either. Must get back to exercising next week. Honest!!! Sure!!

Wishing you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR! I can't believe I lasted another year blogging weekly. But I have, so....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: