Friday, December 20, 2013

Blessed: The Necklace

My friend Laura recently became an Origami Owl "designer", so I had to buy a necklace of course!

The charms represent that I am blessed with my family, my friends, the joy of music, the country I live in, my kitty-cats, my husband, and Jesus!

(In case you can't figure it out, the charms match the blessings like this: house, teacup, musical note, flag, paw, red heart, and Cross, respectively.)

When showing my necklace to Laura's 7-year-old daughter, I asked her to explain why I had certain charms. My favorite was her answer for the Cross: "Because you love Jesus." (I cherish this!)

I purchased three more charms that would not fit, so I guess I will have to get another locket at some point. :)

By the way, here is what the "back" of the above necklace looks like:

(I could have the "blessed" plate facing toward the front, but the charms would cover it up. I like being able to see the word.)

Life is a gift!

 

No comments: