Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Spaghetti Test

Some may think that "the spaghetti test" is when one throws cooked spaghetti against the wall to determine its doneness.

I am here to set the record straight.

This test is really a mental exercise to determine the extent of one's illness. "Do I ever want to eat spaghetti again?" If the answer is "no" (followed by violent barfing), then the level of illness is great.

Such was my test result last night. (Lew's vacation started last night, too, so we were off to a great start.)

I had not experienced a migraine headache that bad in a long time. When I was finally done upchucking, Lew put a cool, damp washcloth across my eyes. I eventually was able to sleep.

Today is a new day. I believe that I will indeed eat spaghetti again.... But not until tomorrow.

No comments: