Sunday, June 23, 2013

Experiencing "Blessings"

As I continue to recover from "the plague" (feeling a little better today), I find myself humming Laura Story's song "Blessings."

Before Laura sang this song at the concert on Friday, she spoke of her husband's battle with a brain tumor. I, of course, began to think of Suzy. By the end of the song, I was more than a little teary-eyed.

I wasn't the only one there with wet eyes. It's a powerful song.

The audience was singing along for most of it.

Well, all of it.

Ordinarily this would annoy me because I would prefer to hear just the artist. But this time was quite different. It was the sweetness of the atmosphere. The Spirit's presence. Haunting, in the most beautiful sense of the word....

I really can't fully describe it.

But I'm so glad I experienced it.

(Postscript: Barry's blog post of a week ago, Defining 'Holy', quotes a few lines from "Blessings.")

(Post-postscript: To hear this powerfully-moving song, click on the following YouTube link: Laura Story - Blessings.)

No comments: