Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Thank You, Lola

Today I had an unexpected adventure. I was to pick up Verlie and take her home.

Problem: Once I had Verlie in the car with me, I wasn't sure how to "get there from here." Not without going way out of route, that is.

Enter Lola. (After seeing the movie "RV" with Robin Williams, Lew and I also adopted this moniker for the lady-voice version of the GPS.)

I have the wonderful MapQuest app on my iPhone, so I pulled it up and allowed Lola to guide me.

I only disobeyed her three times.

The first was when I turned the opposite way right off the bat! She "recalculated."

The second was when I didn't take enough of a left-hand turn at a crazy intersection. This did cause Lola to freak out, but I was able to recover quickly.

The last time was when I knew a shortcut to Verlie's house. Emphasis on the word "knew" -- so all was well by then!

Moral of this story: You CAN get there from here!

No comments: