Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Dad 136: Stuck!

(My father's "storm adventure" was a great source of entertainment; I had a wonderful view from our living room window! Enjoy Dad's post! -- Tracy)

Derf Here! From the great Northeast. Another gorgeous day out there. The second one in a row. After the worst storm ever. Some people say this as we received officially 31.9 inches at the jetport. This beat the old record by almost 5 inches. This storm was followed by another couple inches two days later which ended with sleet and rain. The great weather yesterday has melted most of the slush. Today and tomorrow should complete the melting. Might have another storm this weekend. Time will tell.

And now a word about my storm adventure. I waited until the storm was over before attempting to plow the yard. However, the snow was so high I couldn't move the truck. After trying to plow my way to the road, my truck slid off the driveway and got stuck. So, what did I do? I called AAA for a tow. Well, the tow truck arrived and we finally got my plow out to the passing road. I might add that we had to shovel a lot as it was difficult to plow while being towed. We also had help from a neighbor (the son-in-law of Bailey's seafood restaurant down the street) who had a high Michigan type bucket vehicle. He pushed tons of snowbank out of our way, and this allowed us to reach our street. Even refused a tip!

To say the least, this was a very embarrassing situation for me. I don't think Lew was embarrassed, but he certainly got a workout shoveling. Our cleanup went well after our escape from the driveway. I kid you not! The snow was waist deep throughout our driveway. Caused by heavy snowfall and high winds. Am I glad that February is half over. Worst storm I remember since living here. Been here since 1974! I hate winter!!! Not kidding! Please turn the snow machines off! Thanks!

I've got to leave now to have our six-month visit to the friendly dentist office. Another cleaning is planned. Spouse will have no cavities. I hope I have none also. We'll see! I'll let you know when I return home.

{Brief Interlude}

Well I'm back from our dentist appointments. Here are the results. Spouse: no cavities. Moi: must return next week to replace a filling that I must have brushed out. Not too serious. Will take care of Tuesday.

After our dentist appointments, we went to eat at the buffet. Very enjoyable!

Must now run some errands! Will skip my elliptical today. Sounds good to me. (Not for me, however!)

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: