Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Dad 135: Have No Halftime Show

(I agree with Dad's assessment of the halftime show. Enjoy his post! -- Tracy)

Derf here! From the great sunny Northeast. Cold – but nice day. Only three weeks until March. The experts are predicting a snowstorm this weekend. We'll see! They have been wrong before.

Well the football season is finally over. The game was close and could have gone either way at the end. Prior to the power outage, the game seemed like a runaway. Certainly the outcome was in doubt until the Ravens got the ball back within the last two minutes. Congratulations to all who made it to "the Game".

I have never liked to watch the Super Bowl halftime show and didn't watch it this year. The game should be played strictly as a game. It needs no extra activities. I believe I heard yesterday that next year's Super Bowl will not have a worthless halftime show. The game will be in the Meadowlands so it will be cold. Could be a nasty day (perhaps a storm). Hopefully the NFL powers will follow this up with no more halftime shows. Play the game! Only!

My request for continued prayers for sister Jean remains. It is a slow process. Thank you for your concern. It is appreciated.

I am on my "no Diet Pepsi" routine. I drink only water throughout the day now. A large orange juice in the morning and skim milk on my cereal in the morning and sometimes during the dinner hour. I am really trying to regain my "Greek god" figure. Actually, "regain" is not accurate as I never had the image prior to this time. It sounds good to me, though. Bear with me!

My editor has some company today so I have been told to make this early and short. Because I follow orders, I say…

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: