Friday, February 26, 2010

Weather Report

Lew said that somebody dubbed yesterday's weather a "blizzarcane."

The house didn't blow down. But it sure felt like it was going to as I was trying to sleep last night.

We lost electricity. It came back on in the wee hours of the morning. (I was very aware of when the power returned, because the light next to my bed came blaring on.)

We also lost cable service, which provides our TV and our internet. That was restored this evening.

Local roads were closed due to flooding and downed power lines...and downed poles! I had to drive a circuitous route to get to work this morning. I was able to come home the usual way, though.

As for today's weather, well, it was actually quite nice. And today's view from the conference room window: the most beautiful rainbow that I'd ever seen.

I have a little plaque that my cousin gave me many years ago. It says,

"Thanks, God. I Really Like the Day You Made Today!"

No comments: