Thursday, February 25, 2010

Row, Row, Row Your Car

It has been pouring really hard for most of the day. I shudder to think how much snow we'd be getting if it were colder outside.

This afternoon I looked out the conference room window at work. I could see the puddles on the parking lot being blown along by the wind.

It's still very windy. As I write this, I can hear all sorts of "weather" sounds outside.

There's water in the basement here at home. At least our basement has a dirt floor. And as for surviving the wind, the house has been standing for over a hundred years. So I guess it will make it! Lots of creaky noises, though. And even some shaking.

My biggest concern today was my drive home from work, as the marsh sometimes floods the roads during weather like this.

The water was high, but the roads weren't covered. That made me very happy, because I didn't have any oars....

No comments: