Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Beast and A Beauty

This past Christmas Eve, our household received some big news. In fact, there were two big announcements that day.

The first came via a phone call to my parents from my sister Kim. Kim and her husband, Joe, surprised their two teenage daughters with a puppy. (They live in Illinois, so I have yet to meet the puppy. But I have seen several pictures, and he is indeed quite cute.)

Then Lew received a phone call just before we left for the Christmas Eve service at our church. This call brought the best news of all: Matt had proposed to Emily and she had said "Yes!" The caller was Emily herself. While Lew was congratulating her I was jumping up and down in celebration.

So, welcome to the family, Cocoa. I will meet you when you come to Maine next summer.

And a loving welcome to you, Emily. Lew and I have been praying for you for a long time. Even before we knew you....

No comments: