Saturday, February 6, 2010

We Go to a Movie

Lew and I went to see a movie today. Here's an exchange about it that I just saw on Facebook:

LEW:
"Avatar" IMax...amazing! Just a few of Hollywood's inane messages in the story. Ignore the progressive politics and check it out.

MATT:
I knew you'd be looking for those "messages" though... LOL!!

I pretty much agree with Lew's assessment. A very impressive flick due to the 3-D and special effects.

On average, we probably see a movie in the theater every couple months. The theater was packed today -- just as it was for the last movie we went to see, which was "The Blind Side." No 3-D nor special effects in that one.

At the end of today's movie, there was mild applause. At the end of "The Blind Side," there was resounding applause. Is this any indication about the type of "message" that connects with the average theater-goer? I'm just saying....

(Postscript for Dad: "LOL" means "Laugh Out Loud"...LOL!)

No comments: