Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Getting Closer

I worked from home today so I could intersperse some phone calls. I managed to put in a full workday. As for the phone calls, things didn't go as I had planned but there was some unexpected progress.

The best news of the day: I scheduled a visit for Saturday morning for Dad and I to visit with Mom.  Only a half-hour, but there will be no plexiglass divider. This means we will be able to hug her!  Although things still aren't as "open" as I would like, this is a step in the right direction.

Right after I scheduled the Saturday visit, I got notification that I could make an appointment to get the first dose of the vaccine. I was going back and forth on whether to get it, but the sequence of events today helped me make up my mind.  Hopefully being fully vaccinated will help me when asking for more visitation freedom at the nursing home. Dad got his booster today, so he is now fully vaccinated.

Will go to the office to work tomorrow — the last day of March.  How did three months of this year go by already?!

No comments: