Tuesday, March 9, 2021

A Day Off... Sort Of

Last week I made plans to take today off from work. I had a 7:00 appointment this morning to have blood-work done (in anticipation of next week's routine check-up), and I decided it would be a good day to get other personal things done.

Lew drove me to my early morning appointment, after which we went to IHOP for breakfast. We got home around 8:15ish, and I got working on the paperwork/phone calls I had planned to complete. I finished all of that by 1:00 p.m.... Phew!

After lunch, Dad and I went up to see Mom. He was able to schedule a half-hour inside visit today (still with masks, partitions, supervision, etc.), and two visitors are allowed. So I took advantage of the opportunity. It was nice to be able to talk with Mom without having to stand outside in the cold!

I did a few more organizing-type things when we got home, and then I splurged by finishing a novel I had started reading a few days ago. It was a good way to wind down from the busy morning I'd had.

I enjoyed the break from my regular weekday routine. Back to work tomorrow!

No comments: