Friday, March 5, 2021

Basketball, Football, and Bowling... WI-FI!

 Lions, and tigers, and bears... oh, my!

Dad (a.k.a. Derf) has blogged about watching Zachariah's basketball team play. Zach is the coach. Dad is able to watch because of the modern wonder of live-streaming over the Internet. There were three games this week alone: two home games on YouTube and one away game on NFHS Network.

Nephew Zack's college football team starts a six-game season tomorrow. (Spring schedule instead of last Fall because of the pandemic.) The games will be live-streamed on FloSports, so I subscribed to the service for a year. We will be watching at noon tomorrow!

Because of the FloSports subscription, we also can watch qualifying rounds of PBA tournaments. When I say "we" I mean mostly Lew, since I am at work during the week when most of these rounds are bowled. (Tournament finals are usually aired on Fox or FS1, so we set our DVR to record those.)

Streaming.... It's a wonderful thing. Lew told me to mention the machinations that I go through to set up the streaming in our household. Apps and subscriptions and logins... somehow I make it happen.

Let's go, Maine Black Bears!

No comments: