Monday, January 23, 2017

Tracy's Tax Tip

I believe I saw that the IRS is now processing 2016 income tax returns.

Once I have all of our information, I will be filing our return. I have already purchased my tax preparation software.

I am not counting on receiving refunds. Although we usually do receive federal and state refunds, these are never part of my mental budgeting process.

Over the past few weeks, I have talked with several people who said they are going to pay off certain obligations when they get their taxes back.

Huh?

What if they end up having to pay in? Sometimes there are surprises, unless someone is a tax planning guru.

My advice is to file early in case you have to come up with some cash by April 15th.  And if you end up with refunds, then you'll get your money back that much sooner.

Best wishes.

No comments: