Saturday, January 21, 2017

Lew's Logbook: Grandkids at Home

(Enjoy Lew's post! ~ Tracy, a.k.a. "Tia")

I’ve always heard that there are great advantages to being a grandparent because you get to enjoy the grandkids and then go home.

Today was a classic example.

Tia and I stopped by to see Matt, Em and the boys and were greeted with big hugs and smiles. Adam wanted Tia to play in his room with him and Eli sat with me on the couch. More playing and more conversation and then we had to be on our way.

As we got ready to leave, Adam and Eli began to pound on each other. Eli would push Adam and Adam would punch Eli and Eli would laugh. That would make Adam angry and he would punch more and Eli would push back and laugh and then Adam would do the angry crying thing. Mom and dad were trying to reign them in and there was chaos.

The whole event was so reminiscent of my childhood with my brother. I must admit, I was chuckling as we walked out the door.

No comments: