Thursday, May 5, 2016

Pirates

I've been spending far too much time over the past couple days playing "Word Spell" on my phone and/or iPad.

I know that it's "too much time" because I've been dreaming about words, combinations of words, word games, etc.

For example, the word "Pirates": Subtract a letter from either the front or the end of the word and make a new word....

Pirates
Pirate
Irate
Rate
Rat
At
A

You could also do:

Pirates
Pirate
Irate
Rate
Ate
At
A

A variation of this game would be to start with a word, subtract a letter, and use the remaining letters to form a new word:

Pastor
Roast
Oats
Sat
At
A

How about making up a story to go along with the words?

Dinner at the
Diner was a great way to
Dine with a
Din
In the air for you and
I.

So, you see what I mean about "too much time?"  I thought you might!

I'll stop now....

No comments: