Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Finally Settled In....?

I have already mentioned some of the following, but it does seem more overwhelming when considered all at once.

Yesterday I wrote about how it "Mondayed" at work. It was actually the fourth Monday in a row that excessively Mondayed!

Monday #1. My officemate and I had just swapped workstations the Friday before and our office was painted over the weekend. I got to work early Monday morning to finish up a big project and only after it was done did I take the time to get things settled in my work area.

Monday #2. A weeklong audit at the office began. Other than an interview that lasted about half an hour, my involvement was mostly clerical in nature. I printed off requested documents and did other tasks when asked.

Monday #3. My officemate and I returned to a newly-carpeted office. I had to get settled in my work area yet again. (This was the day when I sat under my desk and wanted to stay there.)

Monday #4. Several of us were scheduled to get new computers and I got mine yesterday. The guy setting them up was going to do mine toward the beginning of the day. All of the computers are the same, but mine was the only one that gave him problems with the network sign in. And once he got it working, the computer decided to do about 80 updates. Fortunately, my old computer was still hooked up so I could actually get some work done while I waited for the new one. The new one was finally in service by the end of the day, but I still had to get things the way I wanted them — a "settling in" of sorts.

I think I am finally established in my new workspace.
I think my work projects are back to "normal" now that the audit is over.
I think I am looking forward to a long weekend... but first I will have to Monday one more time!

No comments: