Friday, May 13, 2016

Motion Sickness

Last night I mentioned I am prone to motion sickness.

I have never been able to read in the car. My mother can read an entire book while riding in a car on a long trip; I have to twiddle my thumbs.

I rode on a Ferris wheel only once. It was when I was a teenager. I think the ride attendant was flirting with me because he wouldn't let me off. I high-tailed it to the nearest restroom and threw up after I finally convinced him I was feeling sick. (I think my mother and Aunt Debbie let him know about it, too!)

Years ago, when I was visiting Suzy and Barry, I went with them to an amusement park. It was an overnight trip with a bunch of high school kids from their church. I didn't ride anything that made me feel sick, but I did go into one of those movies where you're driving the race car and stuff like that. It made me queasy....  So queasy that Suzy had to stop the car on our way to the motel so I could throw up on the side of the road. (Barry was driving a van of kids behind us, and he claimed they didn't notice.) The girls all wanted to stay in the same motel room, so Suzy and I got a double room all to ourselves that night. That was very fortunate.

When Lew and I went to see the third Bourne movie in the theater, I ended up "watching" the last half hour of the movie with my eyes shut. The motion was so choppy and I just couldn't handle it. Tossed my cookies when we got home.

I could tell you more stories, but I believe the above collection gives a good glimpse of the truth of the matter.


No comments: