Saturday, May 21, 2016

Lew's Logbook: Swiss Army Knife

(Lew told me this was his best post so far. I agree! Enjoy!  ~  Tracy)

I carry a little Swiss army knife with me most of the time. It has come in handy on countless occasions.

When my nephews were young they were fascinated with the little knife. They would want me to take it out and show them all the little features. They would watch with great interest as I showed them the knife, the file, the scissors, the toothpick and the tweezers.

This morning we went to visit our grandsons. After the initial greetings, Adam came over to me and tried to whisper something in my ear. I couldn’t understand what he was saying so his mom jumped in and tried to interpret. She couldn’t quite get it either but thought she heard the word “scissors”. Aha! I took out my little Swiss army knife and lifted Adam into my lap and went through all the features for him. He paid strict attention and when I was done he went to play with his brother.

As I said, the little knife has come in handy many times. But the best reason to carry one is that a little boy might want to sit in your lap and have you tell him all about it.

No comments: