Friday, February 20, 2015

Paper Laundry

Writing prompt: Nemesis.
 
I was going to write something of a serious nature, but I don't have the energy. It is so cold that I am using all my strength just to keep warm! (Cold weather... now there's a great nemesis.)
 
My mother's most-texted question to me is, "Wash?" (She lives in the same house as I do, but she often uses her cell phone to communicate with me. LOL! It works.)
 
Anyway, I got said text this morning and went over to my parents' side of the house to get Mom's laundry basket. The laundry machines are upstairs on our side, so it is easier for all if I just take her laundry upstairs and throw it in myself.
 
I am finally getting to the "nemesis" part of this story.
 
Tissues.
 
My mother has a habit of stuffing tissues in the sleeves of her shirts, especially sweatshirts. (I'm not sure why a trash receptacle is not her storage choice, but who am I to judge?)
 
After picking tissue remnants off of three consecutive loads of laundry, I have learned that I must check the sleeves of my mother's garments. When I checked today's load, I found one tissue. I hope that was the only one. The load is going through the washing machine right now, so I will know soon.
 
Wish me luck.
 
(PostScript: Another suggestion for my mother is to use her sleeve instead of a tissue. It works for little kids and for a lot of men, and plus it would save money.)

(Post-PostScript: I spent more than five minutes writing this post, but the subject matter demanded it.)

(Post-Post-PostScript: The wash just finished. The verdict for today's load is "Tissue-free!")

No comments: