Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Dad 240: Snow Won(s)

("Snow" backwards is "wons". The snow does seem to have beaten us this winter! The runner-up for today's title: Snow S'Now. Enjoy Dad's post! ~ Tracy)
 
Derf Here! Finally, a sunny morning in the Northeast. Not snowing but a bit chilly at 12°. Snow scheduled for tomorrow night (only 1 to 4 inches) then possible snow on Sunday and Tuesday (no amounts predicted yet). But we will be in the last half of February. I'm ready for April! (Have I said that before?)
 
Perhaps you have figured out the big news here in the Northeast is the snow cover. Well the landscape is covered. I think we may have enough to guarantee a 2015 white Christmas! We have sooo much snow that any plowing area is about one half of the original area. I have a path shoveled across Lew's deck leading to the stairs to the garage for anyone not wanting to walk down the driveway. The rest of the deck has snow up to the house windows and the top of the deck rails. I'm ready for April. (Have I said that before? Do you see the pattern here?)
 
Just a little more about the area storms. Boston has set records in snowfall the past couple weeks. They received about 6 feet of snow in a two-week period. Enough to cancel school for eight days over the period and close down the transit system. It has been a problematic two weeks. Please turn off the snow guns. Thanks!
 
As you can see, the weather is about all I'm dealing with right now. Received a couple calls from sister Deb in Florida telling how the temperatures are in the high 70s. That would sure melt the snow. Later, maybe.
 
I sit here waiting for next week. Why? Because it is school vacation week and basketball tourney time. Tournament games are on television and I try to watch them. It is a good way to pass a week in winter. Hope I'm not plowing too much.
 
Enough about the weather. Sooo....
 
Until next time!
 
Toodle Pip!
 
Derf!

1 comment:

Rose Chandler Johnson said...

It sure sounds cold up there. My daffodils are blooming, so spring is on the way. Stay warm and don't shovel too much snow.