Tuesday, February 10, 2015

"Asian Lily" by Phyllis C.

(I'm switching "To-Do Tuesday" and "Throwback Thursday" this week. I hope that doesn't confuse anyone's schedule!)
 
Today I am sharing a beautiful framed photograph I received as a gift on my 40th birthday – almost 12 years ago if you can believe it. (I barely can.)
 
The photo hangs on our dining room wall and is in the line of sight as you enter our home.
 
It is a picture of an Asian Lily.
 
Phyllis, the lovely woman who gave me the photo, tended the lily and was also the photographer. She passed away a week ago. Lew and I attended her memorial service today.
 
We grieve with Phyllis's family, but we rejoice with her. She is now home with her Lord.
 
I wonder if she is already tending another Asian Lily.

A life well lived.
 
 

No comments: