Sunday, February 23, 2014

Golf

I do not play golf. (Mini-golf doesn't count!)

I tried to hit a real golf ball on only one occasion. While Suzy and I were working together at a Kansas college, two of the guys from our office planned the end-of-year office party. For some reason, this party included a golf ball distance contest.

Suzy and I each took several swings at the ball. We either hit the ball only a few inches or we completely missed it. I am not exaggerating. We were terrible! We had a great time laughing, though.

We found out later that we provided great entertainment for the ladies that worked in the business office. Their office window provided the perfect vantage point from which to watch our efforts. Apparently they were laughing as hard as we were!

A golf tournament is being televised as I write this. I think it's some sort of match play, but I'm not sure. We have the golf on because Lew wanted to see it. He is currently watching though the backs of his eyelids.

And that is all I have to say about golf.

No comments: