Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Dad 187: Snow Day Activities

(The snow is really coming down. So thankful to have a warm, cozy home. Enjoy Dad's post! ~ Tracy)

Derf Here! Coming to you from the great, snowy Northeast. Another snow day for all area schools. Supposed to snow from around 6:00 AM until sometime tonight. I think I'll go out and plow late this afternoon. Will then clean up the snow areas tomorrow while the sun is out. Then we'll be ready for another storm predicted for Sunday night into Monday. (Good news! One week in February will be over by the weekend. March will be with us very soon! Not soon enough for some of us!)

Well, I must make a brief comment on the not-so-Super Bowl. My comment is simply, "I'm glad it's over." Wanted Denver to win but saw early on this would not happen. Congratulations to Seattle. They have one fine team.

The best Super Bowl comment I heard was on Facebook. Someone was asked what they watched on television after the game was over. Their response is classic: "I watched the second half."

I must admit I don't like all the buildup to the game and I don't watch it. I never watch the halftime show either. In fact, I watched "Hee Haw" on RFD.

Upon hearing the forecast for a storm today, I made out my activity calendar for the day. I'm right on schedule. First, I planned on cleaning out the pooperia (my name for Pepper's litter box). Then I decided I'd vacuum our abode. Third on my list was writing this blog post. Well, now I've almost caught up. So far, so good!

My next order of business will be a tuna fish lunch with Pepper. Shortly after this I'll do my 30 minutes on the evil elliptical machine. After cleaning up from this horrible experience, I'll spend the rest of my day cleaning up the snow areas. Tomorrow will be the real clean up day. Happy Plowing!

My mother always used to say that once February arrived winter was almost over. I guess this made an impression on me because I feel the same way about winter. Short month – spring will be here before you know it. I hope!

Sooo long for now!

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: