Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Dad 189: A Facebook Lesson

(Dad's lesson was learned the hard way! A little messy. I've helped him clean most of it up... and I had more fun than I thought I would. Enjoy his post! ~ Tracy)

Derf Here! Coming to you from another day after much snow. Somewhere between 8 and 12 inches. Today started off beautiful and sunny. But it is now clouding up as we get ready for another quick storm this afternoon and evening. Very small amount of snow, if any, but will get some type of precipitation. A little over a week until March arrives. Thank you!

Time to write Derf as I have just come in from plowing and shoveling. Did a little around 7:00 AM and then went out and cleaned up around 9:00 AM. Now done for the day. Probably will use my shoveling and plowing as an excuse to not do my daily ellipticizing. Seems like a good excuse to me. So I'll go with it.

They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. I destroyed that saying over the past few days. Here's how.

I received a message on Facebook a few days ago and I needed to respond to it. I did not, however, return my statement immediately. I waited a few days and sent my response as a reply to a subsequent message from the original sender.

Here is my problem. I sent my response out to the individual only. Or that is what I thought. I am not a computer person. Well, suffice it to say, my message went to several people. If I only checked with Tracy first, she would've helped me to single out the response to the correct individual. Too late, damage done.

Well, without going into what was in the content of the messages, I now think I know how to send a message to just one person only. So the "old dog" learned a "new trick." (Perhaps a little late!) Hopefully I'll remember how to do this.

As of now I'm not able to send a response to the original sender because I've been blocked from conversing with that person. But I learned a valuable lesson about Facebooking.

So, before you go on Facebook to respond to a message, be sure you understand to whom you are sending it. I will take this advice to heart! Believe me!!

That's it for now!

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: