Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Dad 188: More Snow, No Eating, & TV Oldies

(I added the parenthetical remark after Dad's use of the word "positive" below. It reminded me of the Seinfeld episode when George learns his results are negative. LOL!! Enjoy Dad's post.~ Tracy)

Derf Here! I AM SICK OF WINTER AND THE STORMS. I'M SICK OF PLOWING AND SHOVELING. PLEASE, SPRING, COME SOON. AND IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE A TEMPERATURE "RISE UP" TO FREEZING! THANK YOU.

The experts tell us another storm will drop up to another foot of snow over the next couple days. The last storm (a couple days ago) was projected for up to 2 inches, but it was about 6 inches when the storm finally left us. I hope this storm is not going to double or triple the projected snowfall. One thing in our favor: We are halfway through February! Thank goodness!

So much for the weather.

Well, it is that time of year again. Tomorrow I have my yearly doctor's appointment for blood work. There will be no eating after dinner until after the doctor's office draws blood. Then I'll return a couple weeks later to hear the results. Hopefully all will be positive (as in "good"). I'll keep you posted. The older I get has me doing things on a yearly basis over and over and over. You get the idea? I guess it is a necessity of life. It seems to be working so I'll keep doing it. Seems like a good idea!

I think over the past few weeks Spouse and I have watched hundreds of old shows, namely Bonanza and Gunsmoke. I'm sure we had seen most of them when we were much younger. These shows are around 40 years old. It is my opinion that these old shows are a cut above most network shows in today's listings. Think about it!

I think I'm supposed to be brief today. Sooo – I'm done!!

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: