Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The "Pre" All-Star Game

The Major League Baseball All-Star Game is being played tonight at Citi Field, home ballpark of the Mets, in Flushing, New York.

Lew and I just watched Fox's pregame festivities. The rest of my post will be my comments on that coverage.

The introduction was a take-off on the Saturday Night Live intro. I was surprised, because SNL is on NBC (not Fox).

We enjoyed the comical piece with Kevin James. We have seen quite a few episodes of King of Queens, so it was fun to see him.

Joe Torre's mini-documentary on the history of baseball in New York kept our attention.

Joe Buck's interview with Mariano Rivera was okay. (During the interview, I was wishing that Rivera had played for the Red Sox. I like him.)

I always enjoy the player introductions, but the best part tonight was what followed: People Magazine's "Tribute for Heroes". It was very touching to see the players present flags to the military veterans.

The worst part? The National Anthem. (I am referring to the vocalist's rendition, not the song itself.) Please sing this song as it's written!

Tom Seaver threw out the first pitch. He knew folks were hoping he'd throw from the rubber. So he pretended he was going to, but then he moved in closer. He was pretty funny.

Two innings of the game have already been played! Time to wrap up this post and watch. :)

No comments: