Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Dad 160: Grandsons and Great-Grandsons

(I can't believe how big my "little" nephews are. Enjoy Dad's post! -- Tracy)

Derf Here! Coming to you today from Lew's fabulous porch/deck. This porch/deck has been a greatly used addition to the old homestead. I enjoy sitting out here watching the traffic pass by. Many, many travel trailers pass by on their way to our local campground. Quite busy this time of year. The weather today could not be better. Great day to watch the flag blowing in the wind!

Well, I finished mowing and trimming our lawn a while ago and now I sit waiting for the appliance service man. Was to be here sometime before noon. Here it is a little after 1 o'clock. Will he make it today? Only time will tell. Must find the solution to why our dishwasher has a water leak allowing water to get in machine between washings. Perhaps a leaky valve or something. Hope the service guy arrives soon.

Spouse just received text message from daughter Deb. Josh and Zack just had their official annual checkups. Josh is officially 6'1" and Zack is officially 5'11". Josh is 14 and Zack is 12. They are now a size that makes me feel small when I am next to them. I do have a couple pounds of them. However, in a short time, I'm sure they will surpass me in weight. Old life is a decreasing proposition while young life is increasing. I guess that is the way life should be. Seems to work out that way.

The family is still excited about the new member. A 10-pound baby boy named Adam Lewis Tibbetts. Congratulations to Matt, Emily, Eli, and Adam. Eli now has a little brother to play with.

Still requesting prayers for sister Jean as she struggles. Thanks for your concern.

Still waiting for service guy here on the porch!

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

 

No comments: