Saturday, July 6, 2013

Happy Birthday, Grammy!

Another beautiful day here!

Verlie (a.k.a. Grammy) turned 85 years old today.  She is still in rehab at the place up the street from us.  Lew brought her a fish sandwich from Ken's Place for lunch, and we also brought her an ice cream cake from Friendly's.  Wayne got some balloons.  We had a regular party in the little dining area at the rehab center.  Party animals... that's what we were.

Lew and I took a late afternoon walk on the beach.  He doesn't have to go back to work until Wednesday, so we hope to have additional beach walks over the next three days.

We are rounding out our day with "at home" stuff.  Lew is watching a couple episodes of "Storage Wars" while I get caught up on my computer tasks.  I'm also doing one load of laundry -- all towels -- because I haven't done laundry for almost two weeks!  One load a day for the next three days, and I should be all caught up.

So that's our next three days...  beach walks and laundry!  The excitement never ends.  :)

No comments: