Sunday, January 2, 2022

Hello, 2022

I know I'm a day late in wishing it, but... Happy New Year!

Lew and I actually made it to midnight to see the New Year in. But I think we were both asleep about five minutes later. We aren't exactly night owls!

I went up to the nursing home late morning yesterday to watch the Rose Parade with Mom. We played a game and did puzzles while glancing at the parade.

Debbie gave Mom the game for Christmas. It is based on the rubbery fidget toys that have bubbles that you pop back and forth. The game is played by rolling two dice and then popping that many bubbles on your side of the "board" (which is designed for two players). Mom and I decided that if you roll doubles then you get to roll again.

To start off one of the games we played today, Mom rolled double sixes. I commented that I needed to roll doubles, too... especially since Mom usually wins and the game had already started badly for me.  I then proceeded to roll double ones. Not exactly double sixes! I looked at Mom and started to giggle.... She was giggling, too! For that blessed moment, she was "pre-stroke" Mom. (I wish I could articulate it better, because it was amazing. 💗)

Thanks be to God for His many blessings!

No comments: