Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Leading Off, the Left Fielder, Number 5....

Less than a week ago I wrote about how I haven't been paying too much attention to the Red Sox lately.

That changed tonight.

Well, maybe just for tonight and the next game or two.

And it's not because they are making a big run for the playoffs. (Nope, that is not going to happen.)

The San Francisco Giants are in town to play the Sox, and the Giants have a player by the name of Mike Yastrzemski.

Yes, Carl's grandson is playing in Fenway Park tonight!

Lew and I watched part of the pre-game show and the start of the game. Mike Yastrzemski was the leadoff hitter. He is also playing left field, just like his granddad did.

He struck out his first at-bat. He drew a walk (and eventually scored) with his second at-bat. While I was writing this post, Lew interrupted me so I could watch his third at-bat. He hit a home run to center field!

A player named Yastrzemski hitting a home run in Fenway Park again after all these years.... How great is that!

😊⚾

No comments: