Saturday, July 1, 2017

Lew's Logbook: O'Brien Street

(What a difference five decades can make! Enjoy Lew's post! ~  Tracy)

I have many good childhood memories and they all come from growing up on Munjoy Hill in Portland.
Our address was the first floor apartment at 36 O’Brien Street.

This past Monday I spent time with Emily and my two grandsons visiting my old stomping grounds.
The Hill area has changed dramatically since I was a boy.

We stopped by the house where I lived and discovered that they were totally gutting the place for a complete renovation.
I went to my bedroom window and looked in to see nothing but studs.
A fellow working inside saw me and said, “Hello.”
I said, “This was my bedroom window when I was 12 years old and now I’m 68.”
I just blurted out what I was thinking.

Below is a picture of me and the boys sitting on the front steps (which haven’t changed).
A very nostalgic time.


No comments: