Friday, July 7, 2017

A Time For Laughter

I had trouble falling asleep a couple nights ago.

Usually I read until my eyes start to slam shut, and then I fall asleep fairly easily. For some reason this didn't work Wednesday night. (I still haven't figured out why).

Rather than just stare at the ceiling, I decided to read (again).... I was hoping my eyes would slam shut (again).

I angled my Kindle so I wouldn't disturb Lew. I was afraid the light might wake him up.

It turns out the light was the least of my concerns....

I was reading a rather humorous part of my book, and I almost laughed out loud.

LOL'ing in the middle of the night was sure to wake up Lew, so I suppressed the laugh. My whole body began to shake, which made me want to laugh even more.

Then my throat began to make a little noise. You know... the kind of noise you make when trying not to laugh.

I eventually settled down. And if Lew ever woke up, he did not let on.

Lesson learned: When reading in the middle of the night, read something boring. (My blog, perhaps.)

No comments: