Sunday, June 8, 2014

No Win, Times Four

No Triple Crown winner in horse racing yet again. I learned that California Chrome had lost the Belmont Stakes while I was at the Portland Sea Dogs game. Mom sent me a text message with the news.

Matt, Emily, Eli, Adam, Lew and I enjoyed a lovely time at the ballpark last night. The Sea Dogs got out to an early 7-2 lead but ended up losing 8-7.

The Red Sox also lost yesterday. That's a five-game streak, except the wrong way.

The fourth loss is an anticipated one: Later in the summer there is a drawing for a Red Sox fan to win each of the three recent World Series rings. I bought a raffle ticket at the Sea Dogs game last night, and I then got my picture taken while wearing replicas of the rings. Although my mom fully expects me to win, Lew says I have a better chance of winning the Megabucks lottery.... And I don't even buy lottery tickets!

I think the ladies room sign adds a touch of class to the photo, don't you?

No comments: