Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Dad 204: The Transition to Summer

(It's cold, dark, and damp today. I just want to curl up with a blanket, a cup of hot cocoa, a good book, and a kitty. Enjoy Dad's post! ~ Tracy)

Derf Here! Yes, we have another cloudy, rainy day here in the Northeast. Must admit that we had about three good days in a row. Not the warmest that we could expect, but delightfully sunny. Lew's comment after arriving home on his motorcycle yesterday: "It sure is not warm out and I expect a 'not too warm' summer." Hope he is incorrect! Time will tell.

Josh's baseball season at the high school is over. They finished at 12 wins and three losses. The team and Josh had a really great year. He pitched, caught, played first base, played third base, and even spent some time as a right fielder. The team won all the games he pitched in. They were a fun team to watch. I did miss one game in which Josh pitched all seven innings for a shutout. A good time was had by all.

I've seen Zack's lacrosse team once and hopefully will be able to see a couple more games now that the baseball conflicts are done. Looking forward to it.

Spent most of yesterday outside trimming and mowing the back forty. It looks pretty good, even if I do say so myself. Not bad for a lawn that was created out of a hayfield.

We now have all our "trinkets" out of hibernation and they grace all available spaces under the deck and out front in our garden plot. I decided to not have a small vegetable garden this year. Lazy, I guess. So Lew bought strawberry plants through a fundraiser from a kid at his church. He's planted them in our small garden plot. Will they grow? Only "the Shadow" knows. Stay tuned!

I have much work awaiting for the summer. I must get sister Deb's water on at her cottage before she arrives around June 26. It is imperative that I rearrange the garage attic. While doing so I will also be getting ready for another yard sale at summers end. Must also figure out how to get rid of 400 record albums. Any ideas?

But first I must have the tree removed from the front yard along with a lilac tree (which is supposed to be a bush). Must get busy and make some calls. You can follow my progress on these projects by reading my weekly blog post.

Please stay tuned. Sooo....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: