Monday, March 3, 2014

How Now, Brown Towel?

On laundry day, I always put clean bath towels on our respective hooks. Lew's brown towel goes on the leftmost hook. My green towel goes on the rightmost.

On last week's "day after laundry day", I was puzzled when I looked at the hooks.  There was a brown towel on Lew's hook, just like always.  But there was also a brown towel on my hook!  My green towel was hanging on the middle hook.

I was confused.

I called Lew and asked, "What's up with the towels?"

He was confused.

I described the state of our towel hooks, and he remembered what had happened that morning: There was a green towel hanging on his hook. Knowing that he always uses a brown towel, he grabbed a clean brown towel out of the closet.  He moved the misplaced green towel to the middle hook.

Obviously, I had "mis-hooked" the towels the day before.

I also learned from our conversation that he did not know that my towels are green!

No comments: