Sunday, May 5, 2013

Me, Out to the Ball Game, Take

Lew and I went to our church worship gathering this morning. We stayed for our annual church business meeting afterward. Then we went to a baseball game!

According to my saved ticket stubs, the last time I went to a Portland Sea Dogs game was August 21, 2011 -- Lew's birthday. Far too long between games, I'd say.

The Sea Dogs did not win today, but it was a fun game to watch. Plus we had good seatmates -- Dick, Glen, Josh, and Zack.

Z, G, and J

I always enjoy singing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" during the 7th-inning stretch. I usually follow it up with a rendition that starts the song on the syllable "Me" -- so you're a syllable off the whole song. (It's actually quite hard to do. I had to practice a lot in order to get it right.) Lew hates my alternate rendition and begs me to stop. If I don't stop, then he walks away from me.... That's what he did today, anyway! LOL!

The view from our seats.

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks again for inviting us. We had a blast!