Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Dad 148: Motor Home Motors Away

(I was out this afternoon. By the time I got home, Derf and Spouse were eating dinner. I don't know whether the "fall asleep" prediction panned out or not. Probably so. Enjoy Dad's post! -- Tracy)

Derf Here! Enjoying another summer-like day today in the Northeast. It seems to be the first such day of the season. We hope for many more like today. Bring them on!

A few weeks back a decision was made to sell our motor home. Well I finally got ambitious enough to make a sign and put it in the vehicle. My neighbor's friend suggested to me on Monday morning as I was mowing our lawn that I place the motor home on our neighbor's property. They have a large area next to their home where a home had been demolished.

I decided to take him up on the offer and drove the vehicle to the designated area. Within 20 minutes our phone was ringing. It seems that someone wanted to check out the interior. I strolled the few yards necessary to allow the inspection. Within 10 minutes the sale was completed. In record time, I might add!

The sale was officially dated for today as the buyer used my ownership to drive the vehicle on my plates and insurance to his property about one hour away. The plates and registration were returned to me this morning and the sale is final. What a relief!!

Been attending several of Josh's baseball games within the week and they are doing well, both his high school freshman team and his local junior team. Looks like rain is coming in for the next four days. So probably will get rained out of a few games and quite possibly Zack's lacrosse games also. Well, there is always next week. I'll be there.

By this time next week we'll have our Illinois family visiting (minus Kaelen). Joe will be here to direct the high school All-State Chorus. Kim and Kelsey will be here for the visit. Looking forward to the week.

Sister Jean is still struggling to heal well enough to be able to handle another operation. Prayers are still requested. Thanks!

I'm sure next week I'll have some news based on our visitors. At least, I hope so.

I've rambled enough for today. I'm about to have my tuna and boiled egg lunch. After I share tuna with Pepper (our cat), I'll do my elliptical exercises. Following my cool-down period and shower, I'll proceed to the couch where I'll probably fall asleep until my dinner. Then to the news and the Red Sox game. Another day in the life of Derf! Exciting! Yes!

Soooo....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: