Saturday, May 11, 2013

Things That Go Bump In the Night

The graduation party that I helped decorate for was a wonderful success. (Congratulations, Katelyn!)

Now I am even more tired than I was yesterday. I can't blame it on the party, however....

IT'S THE CATS' FAULT!!!!!

Lew can confirm this.

I got up out of bed no fewer than ten times last night because of their misbehavior.

The worst time was when I heard unfamiliar bumps and banging sounds.

I decided to get up and investigate.

No cats upstairs.

No cats downstairs.

When I came back upstairs I noticed that the door to the attic was open.

Uh oh.

I said, quite loudly, "Lew, they're IN THE ATTIC!"

Lew said, also quite loudly, "OH, NO!"

Our attic is not "kitty-friendly" because of the old insulation that looks like huge dust bunnies. There are also some places from which we would not be able to retrieve a cat.

I turned the attic light on and went up. I found Jerry right away and handed him to Lew. I knew that finding Kurt might be a problem, but he sauntered into view within a couple minutes.

Phew.

We figured out that they got the attic door open because a bag was hanging on the knob.

No more bags on the knob.

Lew also put a hook and eye lock on the door.... HIGH on the door.

(Postscript: We LOVE our kitties!)

No comments: