Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Dad 151: Josh Played Taps (and Baseball)

(I've included a photo below that a friend sent me via text message. Enjoy Dad's post! -- Tracy)

Derf Here! Watching the rain come down in the Northeast. Memorial Day weekend was not the best. Rainy Saturday. Sunday sort of cleared up. Monday was not bad and all activities went on as planned. Not a total washout.

Josh made the family proud on Memorial Day as he played "Taps" at several locations. He was one of four chosen for the honor and he is only a freshman. Way to go, Josh!

The freshman baseball season ended yesterday with a win. Certainly enjoyed watching Josh and his teammates play the game. A winning season was had by all.

Was fortunate to get the lower 40 mowed yesterday. With any luck, the rainy days will turn to sun and our mosquito sprayer will be able to spray our yard. Originally was to be sprayed last week. First of four sprayings should be completed soon. Hope so, anyway!

Finally planted a few seeds in our garden plot on our front lawn. Now we wait for the seeds to break through. Hope some seeds make it. Must now buy and transplant a few tomato plants. Then we wait for harvest time. Will we get any produce? Only time will tell.

I'm sitting here waiting to use the elliptical machine and I'm not getting very many writing thoughts. Maybe my mind is going blank. Old age is gaining on me. (Is it really?)

One thing I do remember is to continue to ask for prayers for sister Jean. Her struggle continues. Thanks for your prayers.

I can think of nothing else to write today so I'll quit now. I hope to regain my high level of posting next week. Stay tuned. I will be back.

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

Josh.

 

No comments: