Thursday, January 10, 2013

Online Beats Typewriter

In my volunteer position as treasurer at my church, I am responsible for preparing W-2s and 1099s. The past two years I have typed them directly onto the forms. The forms are multi-copy with carbon between the copies, so making a mistake is highly undesirable.

This summer a friend told me about an online site where I can prepare the forms, e-file them to the Feds, and print the recipient copies. The price per form is reasonable.

A couple weeks ago, a TV ad caught my attention. The ad was for the same website company that my friend told me about! I bet most of you have seen it, too: TaxSlayer.com. (The site I needed to use is TaxSlayerBooks.com.)

I did my 1099s on Monday and my W-2s today. I can't believe how easy it was.

And I didn't miss that typewriter. Not at all.

No comments: